Monday 6 January 2014

CUT BEFORE WASHING OR WEARING .. OR CROSSING SECURITY CHECKPOINTS !!! [LB]

This evening while ironing, I found this piece of white label (JG) inside my sweater:
However, what really came to my attention - as an electrical engineer - is the electronic circuit that was hidden inside!

I did a very quick search on Google and found that this is an anti-theft sensor that is sewn into the garment made to set off alarms when you walk through them (Askville by Amazon)

















Another site posted something about RFID security tags or Radio-Frequency Identification in old army clothes.

In fact, this electronic label security tag passed all checkpoints without any alarm notification. I think this should not be acceptable especially that the number of security checkpoints is increasing in our country due to the current unstable situations !

At the end, I wish my country a Happy and Safe New Year, and ask God to protect us all.

8 comments:

  1. Hey Mohmoud, i just found one in my shirt and freaked out about it.
    -I was searching on google and came across your blog.
    -As an engineer too i found it disturbing to me.
    -But for the fact that this is a law frequency circuit this will not trigger the alarms in check point since these devices reacts to certain type of metals and it depends on what setting its set on.
    -In my opinion nowadays RFID are used for evil reasons and i hate the fact it started to take over.

    Thanks for the post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the note! Appreciated :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the same on my shirt bought yesterday.When I go out from the store where I bought the shirt, the alarm sound, so the security call my attention and check my thing. I show him my receipt, so there was no issue. In return, I ask him why the alarm triggers, he said that the cashier forget to log the items as sold.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats not possible these things are not designed to be detected by Mall Metal detectors , there is only special RFID readers with certain frequency should read this , im sure you had some kind of extra metal stuff which triggered the alarm. unless the mall's detector was stupid enough to read such frequency since it holds only the manufacturer's information.

      Delete
  4. I don't think he meant the Mall metal detector, i think he meant the store detectors..

    And i think it makes more sense, as the store's detectors could be programmed to detect these RFIDs and the cashier must read any sold item on the system and mark them as sold to avoid detection..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why are you wondering why it doesn't alarm? I mean you bot it right,

    ReplyDelete
  6. Need 55000 PCs for Cut Before Washing or wearing Security Label. Please call me. My contact number. 75503 29496

    ReplyDelete
  7. May be crate problem while security checks at airports

    ReplyDelete