Wednesday 9 May 2012

[Like a Boss] Becoming a Real Blogger !

I don't even really know what a "Real Blogger" is, because honestly I didn't give too much time to post things on my Blog. However, I am sure that I can post really good articles in the future to keep it Alive .. Promise !

Because my Blog ads have been bugging me for a long time, and I don't think I am the only one who noticed it. Anyway, I decided to get rid of the section entitled "Ads" (that are paid per impression) and because it is associated with a popup window that has the problem of hanging-off-to-the-CENTER instead of right or left with a size equal to the size of your screen :) .. and usually broke the "apparently" #1 rule of a blog [make it easy and clear to your reader]

And then yesterday, right after checking my account with the company providing the service. I decided to do a rough analysis about the [300 x 250 ad] that I placed six months ago to know how much revenue it generates:

3,686 impressions generating around 0.14 $


Then, with simple approximation [Math 101], I need to wait 50 more years [based on impressions by this ad and with the same rate of daily blog visitors] to generate enough revenue to order one meal from a reputable restaurant somewhere in Hamra, Beirut #LB

Oooops !
Anyway, no more ads, not even from highly reputable companies like google or yahoo !

No comments:

Post a Comment